to DIY or not to DIY, that is the question

We have a few friends getting married this summer, and I am thinking about whether or not to make some DIY wedding gifts. The other day I broke out my copy of Lotta Jansdotter's book Simple Sewing, and I am thinking about rocking out on a few of the patterns. We're talking about some simple stuff here (I guess that is why she named the book simple sewing)- napkins, potholders, and aprons in some cool material that kind of matches the stuff they've got on their registries.

I think wedding number 1 and wedding number 3 are definitely people that would appreciate this kind of thing. It's wedding number 2 that I am not too sure about. It's weird to think about. I know that I would be really pumped about getting hand-made gifts on any occasion, especially my wedding. But, some people don't necessarily get in to that kind of thing. Hmmmmm.....is it selfish of me to just do it because I enjoy making the stuff?

Comments

Popular Posts