Figgy's Blanket



Cherish, a fellow muddy (mud bay employee) is expecting her first baby in February ( i think it's february...), so I decided to knit up a little something for her. I chose to follow a pattern out of the first Stitch and Bitch book since it looked really nice and fairly simple. Since I am a bit rusty, simple was key. Here are some progress shots (sorry for the slightly crappy photos, hopefully I will get better at lighting and maybe even a better camera).

I am making it with a sportweight wool by Daletta. At first I was a little worried about the color choice, but the more I work with it the more I like it.
As far as getting back into the knitting groove goes, this is a really simple pattern and goes pretty fast since you knit it with two skeins of yarn at once. I am frustrated by my inconsistencies on the seed stitch border though, some spots get a little loose. I guess that will happen though, I won't sweat it too much.
Hopefully I will be posting pics of a finished blanket soon!

Comments

Popular Posts